Thursday, September 6, 2012

ABBL Weekly Update 9/5/12

Matt's Bad Habits - PE vs. Nathan's Army - HE


Well Blood Bowl fans if there was ever an example of how not to coach a second half with a 2-1 lead this game was it. The Pro Elf coach who was down 3 players at start of the second half appeared to be over aggressive and verge of panic. He left only one player deep to make the throw and sent all the catchers long. Unfortunately he failed a dodge and gave up and easy score when ball scattered free and there was no cover at all for the ball. And they he did it again and then again! Yielding 3 second half scores to the Army High Elves. Nuffle was not with the Pro Elves as they double failed skills and GFIs, as well as many Double Skulls throughout the second half. Both Bad Habits Journeymen were badly hurt, one from a trip and the Bad Habits Passer spent 4 kickoff in the KO box. This coupled with the fact that Nuns had no casualties, 1 KO and very few stuns.

Final
TD: 2 – 4
CAS: 0 - 1 (BH on Journeyman, +1 BH from trip on Journeymen)


Overall I made some really stupid knee jerk mistakes that cost me dearly and when combined with some rotten luck it just made it that much worse. On a high note a Blitzer rolled doubles and takes Guard! Also I fired #13 who was double Niggled and coming back on the roster again, fearing she would get the next couple of MVPs for sure. I'd rather play with 2 Journeymen. 


In other news


With only 9 days until the Chaos Cup I was rather disappointed in my coaching of this game but hopefully it will serve as a reminder of what happens when a coach gets over aggressive.  I am furiously painting my team for the Chaos Cup, The Black Orc Bock Brewers (Orcs), my entry for the Nurgle King Legacy Team, a Cheerleader, and my display board. Hopefully I'll get it all done by next Thurs night!


No comments:

Post a Comment